Weddings can be glorified if you want yours to be held at a grand scale. At the same time, they can be kept very private, a very intimate affair. However, irrespective of the fact that it’s big or an intimate affair, it’s the music – even more than the food – that’ll make the experience pleasurable or painful. It holds more truth than anything else, especially, when it’s a live band that’s performing. So, you need to be very careful with the choice of the music and musicians you’d like at your wedding.
If you’ve been scratching your head to figure out how to pick one, then hold a cup of coffee, sit down, and go through this guide that’ll fill you in with all the things you should be considering when picking a live band.
- What’s Their Experience?
We classify elite bands as those that have, at least, a decade of experience.
Bands like the Toronto based MJB entertainment that has collaborated with hundreds of musicians over the last 50 years and have been performing individual gigs for about 12 years are priceless when it comes to live concerts. These are the kinds you’d want at your wedding.
- They can provide the lighting set up so that your guests are visually entertained.
- They have a plethora of tunes to play classics from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. They have all the variety from this century as well – name it and they’ll play it.
- What’s With their Feedback?
Classy bands will work towards building a happy atmosphere for all the guests at your wedding.
- They’ll always entertain music requests.
- They’ll tone down the volume or pitch it up sensing the mood of the crowd.
- They’ll interact with the crowd to keep them entertained.
That said, how does one know that the band is all this? If you’ve been thinking about the same, then, we have the answers on how to find out if a band is what it endorses to be.
- Attend their gigs, if you can, to find out the truth.
- If there’s no gig, ask for a demo. Go ahead only if they agree for a demo.
- Keep in mind what prior customers had to say about them in the testimonials.
- Are They Affordable?
On the budget front, you need to accept one thing – compromising on quality to save a few bucks might not be a great idea. Also, you need to consider what ‘affordability’ is to you. If a band that’s elite costs comparatively more than an average band, then that’s justified. That said, cost can also be a factor that’ll hint about the quality of the band. Only a band that is confident enough will quote a figure on the higher side than average bands.
However, we do not mean that it should be so expensive that it can wipe away all your fortune. Have a look around. Compare the rates between bands of equal stature. And you’ll know what we are talking about.