It was on 29th June when the government announced to ban Tiktok in India with 59 other Chinese apps. With the move to promote “Make in India” and for the privacy and security concerns of the users, prime minister Narendra Modi decided to ban some of the Chinese apps including TikTok. TikTok the short video app was popular and had a huge user base of around 200 million spread across the country. Millions of users, storytellers, artists, performers, influencers like Jannat Zubair, and TikTok creators lost their followers overnight and many influencers lost the revenue they earned through partnerships. In fact, Tiktok has been the strengthening platform for the advertisers and the brands. We saw a lot of brands came up with the Tiktok challenge which saw a great response from the audience. It has also been the source of income for thousands of content creators. To many, it has provided the overnight stardom.
The question arises is there any alternative that can help these content creators, influencers, Tiktokers to regain their followers back and start creating content? Will the advertisers have to shift their strategy and focus on creating long-form content on platforms like Youtube and Instagram? Will the content creators again collaborate with the brands for the short video content?
Well yes, other apps are stepping in for the content creators and the influencers. Mx Takatak is one of them. It’s a short video community by MX Media and Entertainment in India. It provides the platform to create short music videos, dub the favorite music dialogues with many more additional features with the user base of 5 Crore+ downloads till date. The app is available on both google play store and app store. After the installation of the app, the users need to sign in or sign up on the app.
Let’s look at all the features the app has to offer in detail.
- Trending Indian Videos – Browse all types of videos ranging from funny, music, dance, beauty, cooking, lip-sync, dubbing, comedy to bollywood videos with a smooth interface. With just one swipe users can check the endless stream of short videos and can also discover videos based on trending hashtags.
- Shoot and Edit – Users can show their hidden creative talent by creating their own music videos with cool features like filters, music backgrounds, songs, create Duet singing videos with musicians like Badshah, and many more and share it with your friends and family through Whatsapp and Facebook.
- Video Editor – Users can edit their videos the way they want with the editing features.
- Beauty Cam – Explore the foundation effect, change the eye color, get the brightest teeth, enlarge the eyes, adjust the brightness, saturation of the face, get the perfect jawline, and with many more face tune and beauty filters on the Takatak app. Users can choose all these filters and beauty effects during shooting the video.
- Photo Editor – Users can pick up to 9 photos and can start creating their stories with them.
- Music Library – Handpick the latest songs with the fresh editor’s pick and can take the creative potential to the next level.
- Multi-Language Content – Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, English
TakaTak has more than 10 million daily active users and with the app generating 1 billion video views a day. Download the app to showcase your creative side by creating short music videos.